Crow River Habitat for Humanity has several committees that help us operate. Here is the list of the committees. The contacts page has some contact information for the committees.
- Board of Directors
- The decision- and policy-making body. The board has the ultimate responsibility for all financial and legal decisions of the affiliate and exercises general management.
- Family Selection Committee
- Draft the selection criteria and application form, screen applications, interview prospective families, and recommend families to the board for approval for home ownership. The integrity of the habitat project depends on the fair objective, non-discriminatory family selection policy.
- Family Support Committee
- This committee serves as a mentor for the family through friendship, support systems, educational opportunities, and other forums of discussion pertaining to sustainable home ownership and family life. This committee is responsible for ceremonies such as groundbreaking, dedications, and work site devotions.
- Building/Site Selection Committee
- Initial responsibility is to target the area of your community where the project is needed and where property is available at a reasonable cost. Locate and recommend property for acquisition to the board. Includes both construction planning and implementation of the construction plan. Responsibility includes working with choosing the type of construction that best fits the needs of the local community and Habitat's goals. Solicit both professional and volunteer help from the community to implement all stages of construction, including procurement of the materials.
- Development Committee
- This committee focuses on raising funds for the operational costs of the affiliate and most importantly for the building projects. Varieties of skills are helpful here as the methods of fundraising vary, for example, organizing or assisting with fundraising event.
- Church Relations Committee
- This committee seeks to increase the participation of area churches with Habitat. It also encourages the affiliate to increase and deepen its Christian witness in the community.
- Public Relations Committee
- This committee is responsible for general advertising of upcoming or special events. Responsible for initializing and maintaining media communication - radio and public service announcements, newspaper articles, advertising opportunities for home ownership and progress of homes being built.